Friday, 25 September 2009

spooky





I just watched this horror movie with my siblings few days ago. It was a Hollywood re-make of the original Japanese movie series titled "Ju-On". However, I've seen the original version four years ago on CD, but I couldn't understand the movie plot. Still, I gave thumbs up for their make-up artist. Asian ghosts are the most terrifying movie creature I ever seen on screen :D heheheh. Anyway, though I gave an average rate for this movie, I think this Hollywood version's plot was easier to understand. The ghost appearance has successfully made my heart jumped out :p and the spooky movie setting has made some people screaming out loud.


By the way, have you ever trapped in a spooky place? Well, recently I have. It happened when me and my friends (Linda and Nita) went to Inacraft held in the Jakarta Convention Center (JCC) last April. We went there after such long and tiring office hours yet so excited to imagine what we could've bought on that event ;) In order to avoid traffic jams and long queing at the front door, Nita-the gal who had tons of experiences with JCC's events- advised us to parked the car at the Sultan Hotel's parking area. "We can use the Lagoon Tower underground tunnel which connects the hotel to the JCC". Okay so we did park the car @ Sultan's and then walked in to the tunnel. Well, the tunnel's quite loooooooong and it has moving walkway (or you may call it horizontal escalator) on the one side - reminds me of KLIA Malaysia :D It's darker, though. By the time we step on the walkway, Yay! it moved! ^^ so you don't have to be worry about getting your foot tired of walking on high-heels. And then we had to walk down to another loooooong tunnel with another moving walkway. But this time, it didn't move at all *sigh* So we had to walk.

Okay, and there was it. The place I called "spooky". Why? because it's darker, and then you will hear a gamelan sound played as backsound in the entire tunnel. Actually I don't mind hearing gamelan in a common traditional Javanese wedding ceremony, but there wasn't any occasion at all in there. It's only me, my two friends, an old couple behind us, in the cold and dark looong tunnel with big pictures and paintings hanging on the both wall sides. So to me, those gamelan sound a bit distracting, I'm telling you. Oh I haven't tell ya about the pictures, eh? Uhmmm.. so on the right side you'll see abstract paintings. I usually love arts, but that time I absolutely NOT. The colors are bloody-red dominant. Red, Green and Yellow mustard for the exact. So dark and mysterious. It reminds me to the abstract paintings of "Nyi Roro Kidul". Hrrrrrrr... And can you guess what were those on the left side? BIG pictures of all-around-the-world country leaders. Yes, the pictures of them when they visited Indonesia (some kinda world conferences). The problem was, they all now have died. Include lots of the picture of our former Mr.President-who-ruled-for-32 years :p [okay somebody please stop me exaggerating! but it's truueeeeee]. It's not comfortable anymore to see BIG pictures of most people who have died. Even they're smiling at you!!! I mean, they're smiling really wide [read: grinning] to the camera *ya iyalah*. And I thought it was scaaaaaaaary! [Oh dear God I beg You a pardon]. Me and my friends could control ourselves not to be frightened [it was 6 pm when we arrived there, right after we had our Maghrib prayers]. Perhaps it was because we still had another people around us that time. But then when we finished our window-shopping [yes we were home empty handed! *sigh* can you just believe that?] when we were on our way back to the car-parking area... Hrrrrrr... there we were, frightened all the way >:D It was 9 pm, only the three of us walking in that damn-dark-and-spooky long tunnel. At first we felt nothing, we were too busy with our minds, thinking of "umm.. should I go back and buy those Batik skirts tomorrow?.. err.. what about that beautiful clutch? Oh I should've bought that." and so on and so forth. Meanwhile, to me the gamelan seemed turned louder. Also the Air Conditioner was turned on and the whole place seemed cool, but my body surroundings went so warm. I didn't know why but suddenly I felt like my other two friends were walking faster and faster. I wore long skirt, so I bet you can imagine how it was for me to catched them up. Then I saw Linda humming prayers silently, her eyes were looking down and she didn't even look at me when I whispered "What's going on? Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" [I remembered, Linda has the 'vision' towards the invisibles. Kyaaaaa! Noooooo!]. I read ayat Kursi, Al Fatihah and so on in silence, but we're still walking faster indeed. Feeling desperate of knowing we still had a looong way to go to reach the end of the tunnel, we decided to discuss some funny stories of that day's general meeting. Somehow we tried to ignore the spooky situation. We laughed in frightened but what else we could do? run? Whooh. Not a chance. By the time we reached the car, we were all screaming together "Huwaaaaaa....!!!!". And Linda told us some scary things in the tunnel on her vision [I won't tell you, it's terribly terrifying!]. So glad that we were just fine and I thanked Allah SWT for guiding us. Perhaps to some of you I was like over-react, but to me that place was really spooky. Dare to try yourself? :D



Moral of the story:
there's no way I'd take a walk through that tunnel again at night, that's for sure :p


2 comments:

nengpuri said...

hmmm..
antara penasaran dan ga pengen lewat sana.. *loh*
as far as i know..terowongan itu emang kesukaan makhluk2 itu mba..ya termasuk salah satu tempat favorit lah gitu.. *aduh jadi deg2an*

ya ya ya cukup ya komennya..jadi agak2 "merasa" nih..hiiiiiiiii..

tea said...

Hemmm.. Mungkin kl lewat situnya siang atau malem tapi rame2 gak akan terlalu kerasa menakutkan yah de (menurutku). Tp waktu itu... Hhhh.. nulis ceritanya lg aja bikin aku keinget & merinding.. :( *habis nulis ga berani tidur sendirian,heheheh* dodol banget.