Monday, 21 September 2009

Brownies Kukus :)







Eid Mubarak has closely related to special cuisines with Coconut Milk a.k.a Santan as one of their main ingredients. Ketupat/Lontong + Opor Ayam, Sambal Goreng Kentang, Sambal Goreng Ati and Friends are popular main menu in most houses :P heheheh. Well well, 'cause my Mom already cooked those delicious menus for the whole family, so I decided to make something else ;) Yep, on the night of The Glorious Day, I made my own Brownie (steamed brownies or Brownies Kukus for the exact) as dessert :) At the first sight on that picture above, perhaps you would thought it was a choccolate cake :D ahahahaha. Mwell, your guessing was not 100% wrong because I made it choccolatish so I think it's more like Cake, not Brownies :P [Yes, it's my fault.. ewwwh] This was my second trial by the way. I've ever made my very first Orange Brownies (a.k.a steamed brownies with Orange flavour! nyummm) during Kuliah Kerja Nyata (KKN) @ the last semester of college. This time I didn't find that Orange Brownies recipe, so I asked google to find another easy one [I'm not a fan of certain Recipe Pages on the WWW, but I'm a huge fan of Google and always go for it everytime I need cooking recipes for dummies, hee hee]. I found Mrs. Liem's Recipe on Mbak Femmy's Blog. Finding most people succeed on trying this one (seems easy :p) so I thought I should give it a try :) And yeah, right. This really works. Easy, yummy, delicious, and the choccolate will heavenly melt in your mouth. Yummm... So you wanna try?


Ingredients:

6 grains of eggs,
Sugar 225 g
Vanilla (vanille) sufficiently, or 1 small pack
Salt sufficiently
Emulsifier (XP brand, with the Butterfly logo) half teaspoon
Wheat Flour 125 g (Segitiga Biru),
Cocoa Powder 50 g
Margarine/cooking oil 175 ml
Dark Cooking Chocolate (DCC) 100 g, melted
Sweetend condensed milk (SCM), 75ml


Directions:

1. Beat the sugar and eggs with high speed mixer until smooth and fluffy, put in the flour and the cocoa powder mixture. Add vannilla, emulsifier and a little hand swing of salt, stir gently to mix (use slower speed than to stir sugar and eggs).

2. Stir in the melted DCC and cooking oil/margarine mix them together until blended well.

3. Set aside one third of the dough, add in the SCM, mix them well.

4. Steam the first part of the dough without SCM for 10 minutes. Then add the second dough with SCM, steam for 10 minutes. Last, add the last dough without SCM, continue steaming for approximately 20 minutes. Voila! your Steamed Brownies is ready to serve :)


Tips:

- Make sure your pan/pot fit into the steamer :p my first square pan (20x20) didn't fit by the time I poured the first mixture (dough) into it *sigh! dodol banget!* so I decided to use the round one. It looks smaller but it fits! :D

- Before you mix your eggs with the sugar, make sure they're good eggs. How? well, break the egg one by one into a separate bowl before you put them in the same bowl with the sugar. The center/yellow part of good egg will not shatter and remain round like a cow's eye :D heheheh.

- I bought 250 g of DCC (tulip brand), I used half melted for the dough, and the rest for choccotish decoration on the top of the brownies :D ~only for those who love love love chocco!~


...so have a sweet day! :)


5 comments:

sita said...

ti, gw minta versi bahasa indonesianya dong :-P

tea said...

hehehe, Sita serius niy? English gw sulit dimengerti ya Ta? kwkwkwkwk I'm still learning ning ning ning :D


Btw kalo bahan-bahannya in Bahasa liat di tempat Mba Femmy aja yah (linknya ada disituh), ini karna gw lagi di jalan, resep Bahasa Indo nya nyusul ya Ta ;p Anyway thanks 4 coming by. I really like to try your Spanggang somewhen in the near future :D nyummm.. Happy cooking ya Ta!

nengpuri said...

sigh..another recipe..
baiklahhh
kumpulin dulu resep2..
masaknya nantiiiiiiiiiii.. :D

thanks y sist..
kapan2 mau banget icip masakanmyuuuuu

tea said...

boleh boleh :) *eh? maksudnya kumpulin resepnya*

sama-sama ;) kapan2 masak bareng aja yuk. Dan kapankah itu? tu du du du du du du *siyul siyul* :D

nengpuri said...

hihihi..
ktemu buat ngobrol ajah susah ya mba.. :D