Tuesday, 12 May 2009

smiling, dancing, everything is free




... all you need is positivity (Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls)




It's been 14 years since I left the dancing activities. Huuummh quite a long time, huh? :p at that time, I used to play the Jaipong [of West-Java] and Ronggeng [of Jakarta]. However, I always love the art of dancing and miss those moments where I can move my body freely [and-quite-hard-beautifully] here and there. Even until now, I'm still curious to find out how to play the Srimpi dance [of Central Java] and Saman [of Aceh]. Well, that's why when the labour union advertised the opening of this "Traditional-Dance" class, I decided to join ;) Hey, it's only once a week in the afternoon after office hours, [plus: it's a good way to stay healthy and to relieve the emotions. Oh-and-plus-plus: it's free!] so why not?


We had our first meeting today and we practiced the "Serampang Dua Belas" dance. As I was having troubles sychronizing my hand-and-foot-work with the rhythm, my dance turned out to be... "serampangan dua belas" :D




2 comments:

nengpuri said...

waaaahhh asiknya ada kelas nariii
huhuhu mau mau mau..
it's been a while since my last dance also, sist..

happy dancing :D

tea said...

emang nyenengin De' ;)
Mau? ntar deh kalo udah jago aku ajarin.. wkwkwkwkwkwk.. :p [berapa lama itu yah? *diragukan* heqeqeqe]