
Ahhh... finalee. First week of working alone as an LDS has passed and it wasn't that bad afterall. Though sometimes I wish I had 10 hands to do things at once, yet I feel so lucky to have superiors whose always willing to help and unconditionally support their staff when needed. Lucky me. Anyways, I still do enjoy the work (as always). Dealing with tight deadlines, analyzing complicated cases to fit the regulations, and communicating our policy to some clients [and much more.. to some difficult people :p]. This so called always-in-a-rush [and sometimes chaotic] condition has been a good friend of mine since I engaged with this division for sure. And therefore, some of my colleagues often called me "autistic" but I don't mind :p Never had much time with the WWW and hardly appeared Online on Messengers are things I never regret :) As a matter of fact, I still have good friends whose always there for sharing laughter and more laughs on my upside-down's.
Talking about good friends, suddenly I remember there was one thing at my-partner's-farewell-lunch that I haven't told you guys. Hwell, it's kinda silly. We were having lunch at Chopstix Plaza Indonesia and just before we left the restaurant, we received Fortune Cookies as compliments. YaY! I was the one who really excited about the cookie. Me, being the most-'lebay' girl at that time, extremely enthusiastic to BOUGHT them when we ordered the menu. I never ate any of those before and it just makes me curious :p Of course the waitress said: "You don't have to buy them Maam. We will give Fortune Cookies to you after you finishing your meal *smiling*" Hyeaay. Owkay. [in the waitress' mind: "this Lady probably had never eat in a good Chinese restaurant before" a.k.a mbaknya norak sekali sih :p]
The meal was good, I ordered a hot and spicy Fried Noodle a la Shezchuan. My tounge went so hot then, and I chose to order Iced Longan Tea ^^ Yumm. After having finished the meal, the waitress dropped four Fortune Cookies onto our table along with the bill, my partner kindly dicided to distribute the cookie for each of us. I grabbed my cookie, curiously cracked the cookie open aaaaand... voila. Inside, i found this:

"Better cautious at first than tears afterwards"
Humm..Not what I would really expect, was it?
More like... what? premonition?
I repeated the phrase over and over again, thinking what I might have done, what I'm still doing, and what I would do next. Many thoughts came crossing my mind. Either this case or that case, but still can't find the answer until now. What tears? I mean, what will probably cause that tears? [and my partner repeated her statement hilariously: "see? told you, told you, told you!" :D -- another so-you-know statement, heqeqeqe] Naaaahhh, who cares? It's only a Fortune Cookie anyway.
I don't want to believe the tears that may come, but I guess it's better to stay aware ;)
Guess what? Surprise, surprise! On Wednesday morning, I heard good news that just too-good-to-be-true for me, and it'll be happen NEXT MONTH! Alhamdulillaaaahhh. I got over-too-excited I could jump crazily like a baby kangaroo ^^ Then back to the wisdom of that cookie I previously got, I came to this question: Is this 'the thing' I should be aware about? You see, predicting unsual events in your life wasn't that easy. But when something good came rightafter you read your Fortune Cookie's biased message, that sounds bizarre. Once my Dad said: "Don't fill your mind with bad thoughts, at least don't let them drive you mad. What you think, What you become. Be careful, and just be positive, my dear :)" Aaah, now that sounds relieving to me *hug my Dad*.
Just like Dory said: "keep swimming. juuuuuuust keep swimming"
and I'll be swimming to my happiest-upcoming-event: Next Month!! ^.^ pwuuuwh. Let's just say that, Fortune Cookie brings its name come true for me. I'm so lucky indeed, no matter what's written inside :p hopefully.
*update: the tears really came, even harder than I thought. But I guess, well... :) just welcoming sadness in usual manner, and I'll be alright. Yes I'll be alright...
No comments:
Post a Comment